Reheating Instructions for our Sausage Rolls, Pasties and Pies
Heating Instructions Our sausage rolls, pasties and pies are pre-baked & chilled, they just need to be re-heated to enjoy!
CONVENTIONAL OVEN: Our short crust and flaky puff pastry crusts brown best in the oven.
Preheat oven to 375F. Place Pasties on cookie sheet. Monitoring with meat thermometer, bring internal temperature to 160F. Or, after heating 30 minutes cut open and carefully feel the middle to see how long it takes in your oven to heat thoroughly.
1 LB Large Traditional Cornish Pasty
- From frozen, heat 30-45 minutes and check middle
- From thawed, heat 20 minutes and check middle
1/2 LB Small Pasties in various flavors
- From frozen, heat 20 minutes and check middle
- From thawed, heat 15 minutes and check middle
Regular and snack sized sausage rolls
MICROWAVE OVEN: Ovens vary and may require more or less time.
1 LB Large Traditional Pasty with or without Rutabaga
- From frozen, heat 6-9 minutes and check middle
- From thawed, heat 4-5 minutes and check middle
1/2 LB Small Pastys in various flavors
- From frozen, bake 3 minutes and check middle
- From thawed, bake 2 minutes and check middle
Or you can heat them the miners way!
First, find an old abandoned mine shaft and go down 400 feet. (A dark damp cave will do, however, watch out for hibernating bears in the winter.)
- One long or flat round candle
- One yellow canary
- Two rocks with one flat side
- One #2 flat shovel
- Hard hat
- Meat thermometer
- One 8x10 sheet of tinfoil
- Illumination device (candle may be used)
WARNING: If the canary goes belly up, DON'T light the candle!
Heating Instructions: Place candle firmly between rocks and light. Place tinfoil on shovel. Pre-heat shovel until glowing red and carefully place pasty on it. Heat to an interior temperature of 160F. NOTE: To heat more than one pasty, use a larger shovel. WARNING: Know your mine shaft or cave and do not light candles if methane or other flammable gases are present. Children under the age of thirty should be supervised by a responsible adult.
A FINAL NOTE: If you prefer this method, you have WAY too much free time!